How to Retain Members
Throughout the training period it is important to make sure that each goalie loves their experience and we develop personal relationships with each goalie as well as their parents. One way to do that is by giving detailed feedback as much as possible throughout the training. This will make getting these goalies back the following year easier.
- In August, send out emails to each member connecting with them on how they did throughout the training season and how much you enjoyed having them.
- Showing personal connections, shows parents that we care and paid attention to their kids
- Tell them that the price is the cheapest it will ever be if they commit in August
- They can spread their payments over the longest amount of time which will be less a month if they do so
- Connect with them in their exit meetings if they haven’t signed up for the following year yet
- Our program speaks for itself but making sure the goalies have a good experience each day can come from us connecting with them on a deeper level
- If they don’t sign up early
- Continue to connect with them throughout the year and stay up to date with how their season is going
- Attend a game if necessary but try and speak with the parents in person if you feel that would help